Airbrush Tanning: Pricing
|Full Body (single tan)||$35|
|Face, neck & chest||$28|
Please review the following information prior to arriving at the spa for your airbrush tan.
Before Your Tan
- 8 hours prior to your tanning session, exfoliate with an oil-free product, paying special attention to dry areas like your feet, knees and elbows. Fake Bake recommends our in-shower Passion Fruit Body Polish exfoliate, which is available for purchase at Avantika. We also carry exfoliating wipes that can be used in Spa.
- Remove all toiletries such as makeup, deodorant or lotions. These products can block the airbrush tanning solution and may negatively affect your tan’s development.
- We strongly recommend that you use our pre-tan exfoliating wipes, which remove oils and residues from your skin in addition to ph-balancing your skin in preparation for the tanning treatment.
- Shave 24 hours before your tanning treatment. Use a sharp razor blade to remove as much hair as possible.
- Wax 24-28 hours prior to your spray tanning session.
- Bring in dark swimwear or undergarments for the actual tanning session. Don’t bring your best pair.
- Wear dark, loose-fitting clothing when you come in, including flip flops. Tight straps and clothing can affect the tan.
- Remove jewelry and contact lenses before beginning your treatment.
During your Treatment
- Dark swimwear or old underwear are ideal for an airbrush tan. Our solutions should wash out of clothing easily, though they tend to stain synthetic materials such as light nylon. We can also provide you with disposable underwear to use.
- Protect your lips with lip balm. We have lip balm available for purchase should you need it.
- Use our disposable ear plugs, nose plugs and face masks.
After your Treatment
- Your technician will dry you off after your session. Don’t worry if you still feel a little tacky, that’s normal.
- Do not wear tight-fitting clothes or undergarments as this will cause the solution to rub off.
- To give the tanning solution enough time to work, avoid showering, exercising and any other activity that might make you sweat or get wet (such as washing your hands or even letting your dog lick you!) for 8 hours. When you do shower, the cosmetic bronzer will wash off. Don’t worry, this is not your tan!
- Hydrated skin will maintain a tan far longer than dry skin, so be sure to moisturize daily. This is key to maintaining a healthy tan.
- If you’re going to be in the sun, use sun block with an SPF.
- Avoid long, hot showers or baths and harsh scrubbing, and be sure to pat your skin dry.
- Keep a towel handy in case the cosmetic bronzer comes off before you can have a shower, such as in your car.
- When you sleep, use dark sheets or blankets, as some of the bronzer may rub off overnight.
Please avoid The following…
- Anti-aging and acne treatments (including skin bleaching cream, salicylic acid, microdermabrasion, serums and toners containing alcohol or witch hazel, Retin-A, skin bleaching creams, etc.) can all cause your tan to fade.
- Using loofahs, waxing, dull razor blades, bleaching, and other abrasive skin treatments and applications can fade your spray tan more quickly.
- Avoid hot tubs! The water and chemical mix in a typical hot tub will strip you of your tan in half an hour.
- Quick dips in pools and the ocean are fine but extended swims can fade your tan.